COMING IN JUNE!
- A woman tries to make sense of her unrequited love for a Jesus freak.
- A man wrestles with how the world perceives him and his wife, who drowned two of their three children in a bathtub.
- A woman collects old ladies as friends, but can’t cope when they start dying.
- A woman does her best to carry on when her husband is unmasked as a serial killer.
- The scion of a failed furniture empire falls in love with a wild girl and discovers how to rebuild his family’s fortunes.
This volume also includes sample chapters from the novel Bardwell’s Folly, which will be published in 2016.
“…entertaining all readers while providing grist for the mill to those who are looking for something deeper.” — BigAl of BigAl and Pals
In a small Western Massachusetts town in 1977, a thirty-two-year-old widowed physics professor and the sixteen-year-old girl who used to babysit his daughter forge a bond fraught with potential scandal as they try to help each other survive loss, guilt, fear, trauma — and growing up.
THE RIBS AND THIGH BONES OF DESIRE asks: Is there ever a time when doing the wrong thing can be exactly right? Recipient of an Awesome Indies “Seal of Excellence,” it was also a 2015 Readers’ Choice Award nominee for literary fiction. (To read more about the process behind this book, check out this interview at The Indie View.)
Learn how you can buy it.
One of five general fiction semifinalists for the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, THE AWFUL MESS explores how people reconcile their feelings, their beliefs, and their community with the occasional absolutely horrifying screw-up.
Read a free sample HERE.
Learn how you can buy it HERE.
COMING IN EARLY 2016
Bardwell’s Folly — A young woman tries to protect her Southern white father’s literary legacy from the media baron who appears to have designs on it, and the ex-boyfriend who might just be messing with her — even as she wrestles with the question of whether that legacy deserves any protection at all. Then she discovers what it’s like to be caught on the wrong side of racial politics.